Disclaimer: The following is a sponsored post with Secret & Socialstars. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
As I have gotten older, I have definitely found myself to be more comfortable in my own skin. When I think back to all the caring what other people thought when I was in my twenties, I want to cringe for my 2o-something self. Why do we care so much?
Today, I’m more comfortable in my skin. Call it age, call it maturity but I wish I could impart my wisdom on younger women. To stand up and be strong – be comfortable with your own self and to stop worrying about other people’s thoughts.
Keeping with the theme of today’s post, I’m bringing you 10 motivational quotes today from kick butt women who were confident and strong. Thispost is sponsored by Secret Clinical Strength – which as a brand supports standing strong and confident and helps you maintain that confidence by offering 4X STRESS SWEAT PROTECTION versus the wetness protection required of an ordinary antiperspirant. Did you know that “stress sweat” is smellier than regular sweat?
I definitely think being sweaty and smelly would help shake even the most confident woman’s confidence so it’s good to have a brand like Secret Clinical Strength behind you. By the way, I snapped this picture above at the store the other day to show you guys all the different scents and types of Secret Clinical Strength available to you.
And here are the 10 quotes – from amazing women who were confident and didn’t worry about what others thought:
1. Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are — Marilyn Monroe
2. Each of us has the right, that possibility, to invent ourselves daily. If a person does not invent herself, she will be invented. So to be bodacious enough to invent ourselves is wise — Maya Angelou
3. You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do —Eleanor Roosevelt
4. It is confidence in our bodies, minds, and spirits that allows us to keep looking for new adventures —Oprah Winfrey
5. If you’re presenting yourself with confidence, you can pull off pretty much anything. —Katy Perry
6. Don’t waste your energy trying to change opinions … do your thing, and don’t care if they like it. —Tina Fey
7. Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained. —Marie Curie
8. Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness. —Oprah Winfrey
9. Just believe in yourself. Even if you don’t, pretend that you do and, at some point, you will. –Venus Williams
10.I do not try to dance better than anyone else. I only try to dance better than myself —Arianna Huffington