Bringing you guys a delicious recipe today for Blueberry coffee cake. It’s an easy one too – check out the list of ingredients. Great for a Sunday brunch or summer breakfast for the kiddos!
Blueberry Coffee Cake w/ Cinnamon Oat Streusel
Box of vanilla cake mix 1 box of instant vanilla pudding 1 cup of sour cream 1 egg 1 tsp vanilla cup of melted butter 2 tsp of cinnamon sugar pint of blueberries 1 cup milk Streusel ⅓ cup oats cup brown sugar cup butter cut into pieces cup flour ⅛ tsp salt Glaze cup powdered sugar 1-2 tsp milk tsp vanilla
- Box of vanilla cake mix
- 1 box of instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- cup of melted butter
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- pint of blueberries
- 1 cup milk
- ⅓ cup oats
- cup brown sugar
- cup butter cut into pieces
- cup flour
- ⅛ tsp salt
- cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tsp milk
- tsp vanilla
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9 inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- Make the streusel
- Combine all the ingredients with a fork or a pastry blender.This will make a thick crumb. Set aside
- Make the cake
- Mix first 6 ingredients together in a medium bowl,making sure its well combined. Fold in the blueberries or cover cake batter with blueberries before baking
- Combine the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl and set aside. Reserve for the middle of cake and the remainder to mix into streusel
- Spread half the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture over the cake. Place remaining batter over the sugar mixture. You can do this in dollops. Batter will be very thick.
- Mix remaining cinnamon sugar into the streusel and cover the cake.
- Bake cake for approx. 50 -60 min or until a toothpick comes out clean. Start checking cake at 45 min because ovens vary. If streusel starts to brown cover with a piece of foil to prevent burning.
- While cake is baking make glaze and set aside. Mix all ingredients together.
- Let cake cool for around 15 min then remove from pan. When cake cools completely Drizzle with the glaze
- Note: I covered my cake with blueberries instead of folding them in. This method worked great.